Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Dreaming about a Nikon D5000

There's a rumour about a Nikon D5000 that could be introduced at PMA 2009 next week. It has a swivel display and video and could replace the three year old D40 which I think already has an electronic plus a mechanical shutter.

So let's dream a little bit.

What if the Nikon D5000 has

- no mirror but a high resolution electronic viewfinder like the Panasonic G1
- an electronic shutter
- a 3" swivel display
- good quality video (better than D90)
- a Nikon lens mount!
- a large DX sensor with 12 MP

?
... well that would be the camera I dreamed of in the very first entry of this blog. And even more since I could use my Nikon lenses.

It would be a real step forward but I'm afraid it will not happen. Anyway I can't help I just had to dream a little bit.

UPDATE: In reality the D5000 has the same video mode as the D90.